Thursday, June 15, 2006

We have a date

For the closing on my condo! Woohoo!!! It's later than I wanted (since it's not, um, tomorrow) but it is before the end of the month. And my rates for the mortgages will still be good, and I won't have to pay anything for storing my stuff. Coolio.

Meanwhile, I'm still stuck in the Extendastay. Which is still a little depressing. I have no motivation to buy or cook real food, since the kitchen and pans kinda creep me out, and I don't want to move anything. So I'm eating 1) goldfish crackers 2) ice cream 3) frozen meals 4) bananas and 5) oreo cookies. At least the food in the cafeteria isn't bad. And the room here has Showtime, so I got to watch the awesome movie Saved yesterday.

Every time I visit my new place, I am happy about the trees and the views in the neighborhood. Plus, the police are doing a big ole' crime crackdown there right now, so maybe it will only be the murder capital of the city for one year. Something to hope for.

Apparently my place will have walls by Monday. Cross your fingers for me....

3 Comments:

At 15:05, Blogger Syl said...

Walls are usually a good thing in a house. Though think about what you could do with a huge empty space hmmm.

 
At 19:58, Blogger Amy said...

A huge empty space, maybe. But a huge empty space with framed walls, exposed wiring & pipes? Probably a safety hazzard. Also, I do not yet have toilets, sinks, a kitchen....

 
At 13:52, Blogger Syl said...

Ramen in the microwave? hell no! I mad eit in a tiny water heater thingy. I made eggs in the mocrowave.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home