Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Being mean

Is it wrong that I love the sinking approval ratings (last clocked at 33%) of the present administration? I'd gladly trade them for, oh, I don't know:
  • a positive resolution (for all parties) of the war in Iraq
  • real help and relief for the people hurt by Hurricane Katrina (particularly those in New Orleans)
  • no more free tax breaks (think 7 billion) for oil companies
  • or even no more cuts to student financial aid (does anyone else think this is a real TAX on the middle class - for those people pulling on those lovely bootstraps of theirs?)
Too bad I don't think the plummeting ratings represent a real understanding of why we should never have elected this guy in the first place. More like war fatigue.

Someone else commented recently, on the break-up of a family member and his less-than-stellar girlfriend, "I'm thrilled. Is that wrong?"

I say no, as long as what really motivates you is the happiness of the family member. The girlfriend sucked (in pretty much every way), but what really made her unacceptable was the fact that she didn't make him happy. So what's not to be thrilled about?

1 Comments:

At 22:39, Blogger Ron said...

This reminds me of Burt Lancaster's line to Tony Curtis in Sweet Smell of Success: "You're happy? Why should you be happy when I'm not? I hate that!"

So many people live this way...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home