Friday, February 24, 2006

I feel happy and free

Why the sudden good spirits?

Well, it's vaguely warm outside, and next week is spring break. I had some extra vacation since I didn't teach today (no way the students would have shown up the afternoon before vacation started, with no quizzes or papers approaching the week after break). And, soon, I'm headed off to NYC. It's been a few years since I left the country, and I think NYC almost qualifies as such a trip. And, while I'm working at the UN for the week, I'll be in "international territory." (It's so not New York there that they can even smoke indoors, not that that appeals to me.)

In celebration of the approaching trip, a friend and I had a "grocery store dinner" last night. A grocery store dinner, most commonly occurring over long trips, involves going to the grocery store and picking up some items that can be eaten without cooking or utensils. Our menu included: a loaf of Italian bread, Australian cheddar cheese (yummy), and some very tasty cannolis (did I spell that right?). Very filling & satisfying. Who needs a fancy restaurant?

8 Comments:

At 08:43, Blogger Ron said...

Aha! The Amy blog!

Off to the city,eh? Ah, I love it so...do go to Carmines just for me...it's straight across town from the UN! You also have to go to The Modern (in MOMA) for lunch! I hear good things, and I need reports!

Bring back coffee! See Camie Vog's link for where to go on her blog!

Ronaldo, the Fluffy Stuffin'

 
At 14:46, Blogger Amy said...

i don't think that i will make it to your suggested eateries - just over 24 hours left. mickey should have told me where to get coffee - i don't see it on her blog. that, i might have made a special expedition for. still need to see the big statue and all the other stuff downtown (see, now i know the difference between uptown and downtown, i'm just soo sophisticated.

 
At 12:50, Blogger Ron said...

On Miki's blog it's a link that says "Coffee!" That's where to go! ah, well, too late, probably...

 
At 16:44, Blogger Camie Vog said...

Micky? Who's Micky???

 
At 16:45, Blogger Camie Vog said...

grocery store dinner...how....common

 
At 10:41, Blogger Amy said...

haha, never saw how to spell your name.

i have no problem being common. i'm from the midwest, for goodness sake.

 
At 17:07, Blogger Camie Vog said...

i, am far from common....
where's the coffee?
Fluffy Stuffin has some jam he'd like to share....just kidding...

 
At 11:00, Blogger Ron said...

Hey, where's my chili? We carnivores will just shrivel away without our dead cows!

Sorry, Cammie...it was the lack of coffee that made me refer to your sister Miki in Paris. oops!

midwest? common? well, maybe newly minted denizens of Ohio, perhaps are common...yes, I think that's true by state law...will we get Xmas presents of cleaning products? ;-) Perhaps a Swiffer with an iPod attached for Cammie... iSwiff...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home