Thursday, March 22, 2007

Situation Neutral

So, in regards to my previous post:
  1. The real estate agent paid for someone to look at my heater.
  2. The heater guy diagnosed a defective unit.
  3. The builder paid the excess charges on my electric bill. And paid to have mhy heater fixed.
Mostly all better. And I'm sleeping, except that Toby-the-dog keeps waking me up an hour early every morning.

I've been getting out a bit more as well, which is good. Sadly, on my first very late night out in this city, our designated driver got very, very drunk. Being the most sober person, I had to wait an hour to be able to do all the driving (at which point it had been 3 hours since my last drink), then do all the driving home. Including taking one person home to Kentucky. I didn't get to go home until 5:30am! But, until the not-so-auspicious ending, I did have a good time.

My sister has me reading a book about corpses, called "Stiff: The Curious lives of human cadavers" or some such thing. She told me that it was funny and not gross, which is half true. It is funny. It makes for rather grim reading, but it can't hurt to consider mortality. And, in the scheme of things, it's much less disturbing than, say, "A Problem From Hell" (on genocide in the 20th century). Or "Emergency Sex and Other Desperate Measures" (on the UN cleaning up after genocide in the 1990s). Or even certain history books.

Toby needs a haircut!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home