Thursday, July 05, 2007

Random Observations

Nothing shocks me anymore:

Apparently, everyone lies or twists the truth to their own advantage. From now on, I'm getting everything in writing. And I'm going to ask questions about things that seem obvious. Because trusting people (save perhaps family, true friends and good coworkers) does not work.

My best friend is now a 26-year-old great aunt. Damn.

My oldest niece is tougher than I thought. She just moved to Colorado to work with horses (something she loves). I thought it was unlikely that she would ever leave West Michigan, let alone head out west on her own. I'm impressed.

Toby is better at killing bugs than me. He killed a silverfish and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Ikea is building a store in China on ancient burial grounds and tearing down the tombs to do it. While it's not their motto or anything, the chain is not meant to be evil - it is, after all, a Swedish non-profit. Bad Ikea!

Clinton criticized Bush for commuting Libby's sentence. Bush's talking head criticized Clinton for pardoning Marc Rich (sp?) whose lawyer was... Libby.

7 Comments:

At 09:50, Blogger srah said...

26-year-old great aunt? Keraaaaazy! I hope her sibling is a lot older than she is!

 
At 13:58, Blogger Amy said...

the new grandma is 36....

 
At 05:05, Blogger srah said...

Yowch!

 
At 08:56, Blogger Camie Vog said...

Yikes! I had my 2nd baby at 38!!

My mom was a grandma at 37, though. The age difference between her first two grandchildren is 24 years!

 
At 11:14, Blogger Ron said...

Amy! The Buffy Singalong is coming to the Michigan Theater Sept. 7th!

 
At 11:59, Blogger Amy said...

Are they singing along to the musical episode? It's actually one of the few that I never saw.

Camie: Assuming that my sister or I have kids, it's possible that my eldest niece may eventually have a cousin 30+ years younger than she is. And my dad was 37 when I was born. But the age gaps in my family are due to adoption....

 
At 16:25, Blogger Ron said...

Amy -- yes they are singing...look up "buffy singalong" in google for the site...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home