Sunday, July 29, 2007

Broke

The engine light came on on my car. Cost to fix: $200.

I found out that I'm getting a new boss. Uncertainly level: Elevated.

I need to have a mucocele (sp?) removed from the inside of my mouth. This requires surgery to cut out the glands. Cost: $200. The oral surgeon provided me with this news on the same day that we got the news about having a new boss. Day that I now hate even more: Wednesday.

The engine light came on in my car. Cost to fix: $300.

My one-year-old hvac system broke AGAIN. Proposed cost to fix: $570, with the expectation of a $170 rebate on the parts from the manufacturer. I called my builder to tell him that he sucks. He told me that he would fix it for free. I paid $155 for the service call and decided to risk it with the builder. They "fixed" & I went back to work. By the time I got home from work, it was broken again. When I called the builder to complain, he informed me that he was "just trying to save you some money" by doing the work for free. Of course, it would have saved me more money if he hadn't installed a defective system. But I shouldn't mention that. That would be UNGRATEFUL. So, the A/C has been broken all weekend. If the builder's people can't fix it on Monday, I will have to pay the HVAC company (who at least know how to fix things). And, it will have cost me an additional $70.

I hate my builder. Never buy anything from The Gates of Eden Park. They SUCK.

Unexpected bills for the month of July (so far): $955.

!#@%&*!#@#$%@%

5 Comments:

At 12:46, Blogger srah said...

I try not to get too excited about any windfalls that come my way, because they will certainly be followed by bills. I also had a check engine light followed by mouth-work (in my case, three dental appointments and I'm all out of dental insurance from my previous dental work!)

 
At 21:31, Blogger Amy said...

was this all in the month of july? perhaps the month was acursed?

 
At 06:05, Blogger srah said...

It may have been!

 
At 14:44, Blogger Camie Vog said...

*I think I hear little tiny violins playing somewhere*

Wait until your children suck you dry...

 
At 20:39, Blogger Amy said...

at least you LOVE your children.

i don't love my hvac system.

but yes, others have it much worse. i got news of 2 deaths at the end of the month - both far too young.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home