Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Feeling bummed, mellow & curious

I had a good/bad weekend.

Good, because I spent all day Saturday helping to do landscaping in front of my local library. The other volunteers were great, and now I can say "hey, I planted that shrub!" every time I check out a book. Plus, I got to learn some neighborhood history from some of the locals who stopped by.

Bad, because my dad's blood counts are not so good. Red and white. And, even though he will probably be okay, I hate cancer. Still, we knew it would probably come back (his kind almost always does, but it's rarely fatal).

Bad, because my power went out on Saturday night. One more hour and I would have been asleep (removing roots from the ground is tiring). It was especially freaky since, during the earlier volunteer work, I saw some of the not-so-nice parts of my neighborhood. No fun to think about in the pitch black dark.

Good, because Toby-the-dog was there to comfort me.

Oh, and today, at work, I found out that my department is being reorganized. No idea how. Might be a good thing. Might be a bad thing. Not sure what to think. I'm still adjusting - I haven't even been here for 3 months yet!

But my condo is *almost* done. Only took them 2 months after closing.

Enough being sad. My dog has a funny habit. About an hour after he eats, he flips his dish over. He will nose it around until it flips. Since both the bowl and the tile are ceramic, this makes quite a bit of noise. He won't let me see him do it, but I have caught him with the bowl standing on its side. Is my dog obsessive compulsive?

1 Comments:

At 08:18, Blogger Syl said...

My thoughts and well wishes with your dad. From everything you've told me about him, he seems like a very resilient person.

You need to give us photos of this so called pet you have.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home