Sunday, January 06, 2008

Better already

Yesterday was a slow progression for my eyes - getting better and better as the day wore on. I was a little weepy all day (maybe the sedatives did that?). But, after my mid-day nap, my eyes really weren't hurting much. They progressed from "oh-my-goodness-these-contacts-are-so-dry-i-must-get-them-out-right-now" to "hmm-i-think-i-could-use-some-eye-drops." I was comfortable enough to use the computer a few times & even read for a few minutes before I went to bed.

This morning, it didn't hurt at all to open my eyes. They were dry, for sure, but I was able to walk the dog with only eye drops and no pain/swelling drops (I have to put in three types of drops four times per day). Yesterday, I was desperate for the pain drops as soon as I woke up.

The other bonus is that I don't think that I will need to take any more Vicodin. It makes me feel really weird. Calm. Cold. Floaty. Like all my limbs are falling asleep, on at a time. Tingly. Plus, all these random hallucinatory thoughts come floating through my mind.... Nothing I can remember, I was just conscious that my thoughts were disconnected & nonsensical.

This morning I've been looking at the books on the shelves in my living room, testing which ones I can read from across the room. Verdict: just about all of them. Hooray!

I keep thinking that I'm wearing contacts. When my eyes feel dry, I think, hmm, maybe I should take my contacts out. Oh, wait.... When I'm sleeping, I think the goggles are my glasses. The last two mornings, I've been eager to take the goggles off, too make sure that I can really see without them. It hurts to take them off, since I have to tape them on to make sure that they don't move/I don't move them to rub my eyes in my sleep. I wake up with funny imprints on my face, but they are actually pretty comfortable, even sleeping on my side.

My vision is still a bit blurry on & off. Today's adventure: taking a bath (not a shower) & not letting any water get into my eyes. I'm SO glad that I got this done on a Friday - I think I may be ready to go back to work tomorrow. But I won't be catching up on any work today.

1 Comments:

At 14:29, Blogger Syl said...

Good luck!!! My oxycodone gave me weird hallucinatory dreams that creeped me out more than the pain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home