Friday, September 22, 2006

Death before breakfast

Nearly every morning, while I'm getting ready for work, I watch CNN. Generally, the only thing that annoys me is Miles O'Brian's habit of making pointless remarks ("Why doesn't GM just make cars consumers want to buy?" OMG, Miles has solved it! Thank you, o idiot savant savior of the auto industry!).

But Tuesday and Thursday this week were different. Tuesday and Thursday, I was threatened with - Death!

Bum Bum Bum

In an ad that should have been produced (as satire) for the Daily Show or some YouTube version of The Onion, the horrible folks at one of those We're-not-a-political-party-so-we-can't-mention-them-by-name-but-it's-pretty-damn-obvious-who-we-support type organizations informed me that

Terrorists Want to Kill US

(cue pics of twin towers and evil, freedom-hating terrorists)

and, just in case you missed it,

They Want to KILL US

Appartently, we did nothing to stop the terrorists for all the of the 1990s. (I think they want me to blame our last president for this. However, though they certainly don't mention it, I happen to know that the same party that now controls Congress has been controlling it since 1993 - and, um, they were more interested in stopping sex than stopping terrorists.)

Did we mention

THEY WANT TO KILL US.

So, um, I guess if I don't vote the way the ad people want me to vote, Imgonnadie.

And I haven't even had breakfast yet. Damn it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home